Novelist, screenwriter, director, and VMI mentor, Karen X. Tulchinsky, made the list of the Top 10 Most Borrowed Canadian Books from the Vancouver Public Library’s collection.
The list was revealed by the Vancouver Public Library to celebrate Canadian literary contributions on Canada Day. Data compiled over the last 15 years featured The Five Books of Moses Lapinsky by Karen Tulchinsky, alongside books by authors such as Joy Kogawa and Yann Martel.
Top 10 Most Borrowed Canadian Books:
1. The Corporation by Joel Bakan
2. Obasan by Joy Kogawa
3. Room by Emma Donoghue
4. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
6. When the Body Says No by Gabor Maté
7. A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews
8. The Five Books of Moses Lapinsky by Karen X. Tulchinsky
9. The Cat’s Table by Michael Ondaatje
10. My Year of Meats by Ruth Ozeki